You Do You, A Book That Will Make You Feel More Confident
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
Last week I listened to the audiobook You Do You by Sarah Knight and I really needed it!
As a recovering perfectionist with the dream to live my life the way I intend to by creating my business I could totally relate to this book.
I am very open about my dreams and there’s something that I noticed when I talk to my family in France: they don’t believe that I should spend time doing what I want because they think that it’s unrealistic.
Well, after months of hard work and now that I can show numbers, yes they believe in my abilities.
I love to share my evolution with friends and family because I want to inspire them to be confident enough to follow their own dreams, no matter what people around them say!
And okay it feels good to say “See I told you I could make it happen!”
So if you feel like:
- you don’t have time to take care of yourself
- you feel the need to justify any decision you make
- stressed out because it’s not perfect
- your definition of success is different from the American dream (a good job, a beautiful partner, well-behaved kids, two expensive cars and a big house)
- you need a confidence boost
- people are not supportive of your life
You Do You is for YOU!
Inside You Do You
- YOU ARE HERE: An orientation exercise
- DOs & DON’Ts: Rules for the breaking
- Don’t be selfish (Life is short. Reclaim the word.)
- Do your best (Except when you can’t. Or you don’t want to. Or it’s giving you heartburn)
- Don’t be difficult (Ask for what you want, push back on what you don’t and beware the focus group.)
- Do be a team player (On the contrary, you can do YOU all by yourself.)
- Don’t quit your day job (Take risks, ignore the doubters, and prove the haters wrong.)
- WILLs & WON’Ts: Not-so-great expectations
- You will change your mind (About unconventional lifestyle choices that inexplicably bother people who don’t have to live them? Probably not)
- You won’t get anywhere with that attitude (There are plenty of perks to being pessimist)
- You will regret that (Says who?)
- You won’t get a good job if you don’t go to college (How to succeed at success without really caring what anyone else thinks)
- You will never live that down (Yes you will. Go ahead and let your freak flag fly.)
- SHOULDs & SHOULDN’Ts: Much too much obliged
- You should always put family first (First runner-up is okay too.)
- You shouldn’t act so crazy (I kept a litter box under my for a year and I turned out okay.)
- You should smile more (How to break free from the Cult of Nice.)
- You shouldn’t eat that (I’ll take extra cheese, please.)
- You should check your ego at the door (Check to make sure it’s fully inflated, that is)
Lessons learned from You Do You
- Don’t listen to judgmental people
- You can do what you want as long as you are respectful of others
- Don’t be scared of saying NO
- You don’t have to do what other people tell you
- There’s nothing wrong with you
- What other people think doesn’t matter, YOU matter
- You don’t have to do what everybody else is doing
- Go for what you want in life
- You can’t make everybody happy so focus on yourself
- You don’t have to be perfect
- Don’t be scared to ask for what you want
- It’s okay to make mistakes, you will learn from them
- Define success your own way
- It’s okay to be unconventional
GET THE AUDIOBOOK FOR FREE!
I’m so excited to let you know that Audible offers 2 FREE audiobooks to the readers of Hello Peaceful Mind.
Here’s how you can get your free copy of You Do You:
- Subscribe to the 30-day Audible free trial by clicking here
- Click here to get the You Do You audiobook
- Select Buy with Audible Credit, you should have received 2 credits for subscribing to the previous link
- Then you will be able to listen to it online or on your phone!
Save FOR LATER
- Start The Day Right With The Best 10 Minute Yoga Videos
- The Best FREE Resources to Live a Healthy and Happy Life
- How to Build Confidence With A New Look
- How To Minimize Your Closet and Boost Your Confidence
- How To Be More Confident And Cope With Breast Cancer
Over To you
What is the latest self-help book that you read or listened to?