THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
One important part of the challenge is to organize your emails. Today, I want to dive deeper and share with you a few tools to stop receiving annoying emails, mail and phone calls.
Seriously, don’t you feel overwhelmed when you receive 20 emails a day? In 5 days that’s 100 emails that you won’t even read! Same with all the ads waiting for you in your mailbox.
It’s overwhelming, adding clutter to our life, and a waste of time! So let’s remove our contact information from all of these lists.
Unsubscribe From Emails
First things first, let’s unsubscribe to all of those unread newsletters.
I don’t know how this happened, but it seems like I am enrolled in new mailing lists every day and can receive up to 20 emails in one day!
But I am happy to share with you that I found the perfect FREE tool to stop this madness.
Yes, you read it well, Unroll.me is free and is going to change your life, or at least your inbox.
Let me tell you why:
- Unroll.me will list all of your mailing subscriptions
- Then you can choose what to do with each one of them:
- Keep receiving individual emails
- Stop receiving all of the emails in your inbox
- Add the emails to the roll-up and get only one email a day with all of your subscriptions
- You will still receive the emails but they will be nicely waiting for you in a specific folder instead of in your inbox
Here is a video to help you set up your account:
So don’t wait, and sign up to Unroll.me for free here.
Stop Unwanted Mail
Raise your hands, yes both of them, if you receive more ads than actual mail in your mailbox. I know I do!
Here are a few reasons to stop this madness:
- Remove the clutter
- Less temptation
- No more forgotten coupons on your fridge
- Less waste
- Save the trees
But how can you stop junk mail?
- Go to www.optoutprescreen.com to be removed from the lists of Equifax, Experian, Innovis, and TransUnion
You have two options, do it online and opt-out for only 5 years, or you can print and mail a form to be removed permanently.I personally went for the online option to be done with it because I know that it will take weeks for me to mail it 😀 After filling out the form online, it takes up to 5 business day to proceed the request.
- Go to www.dmachoice.org to be removed from commercial mailing lists of many national companies. With DMAchoice you will have to create an account to manage your subscriptions. They are divided into 3 categories: Catalogs, Magazine Offers and Other Mail Offers (it has a category for credit offers but it’s sending you to www.optoutprescreen.com).You have the choice between selecting businesses one by one or remove your name from all of the lists for each category.I personally didn’t want to waste my time going through the whole list for each category so simply click on the remove my name button for the three categories.You can also opt out of email lists from companies using eMPS to clean their lists.
It should take between 30 and 90 days to remove you from the lists.
Every day, I receive between 1 and 3 calls from telemarketers. There was a time when one of them was calling me every day …
So I have a rule, if I don’t know the phone number, I don’t pick up the phone.
But it’s still annoying to see my phone ringing.
- Tell you who is calling even if they are not in your contact list
- Block spammers
It allows me to pick up the phone more often 🙂
But today, I am going one step further and I will add my number to the National Do Not Call Registry.
To add yours, you simply need to go to www.donotcall.gov and add your numbers and email. Then you have 72 hours to click on the link in the confirmation email to be successfully added to the list
It literally takes only 1 minute to do and you will get hours back!
- Minimalism Challenge: How to have Fun Decluttering your Home
- 14 Important Life Lessons From The Minimalism Documentary
- The Best Audiobooks That Will Change Your Life
- The Best Tools To Improve Your Life And Be Happier
- Everything You Need To Know To Stop Stress
Over To You
Latest posts by Julie (see all)
- 7 Self-Care Date Ideas That Will Improve Your Relationship - August 22, 2018
- How Dating Will Improve And Save Your Marriage - August 15, 2018
- What You Need To Know About Antidepressants And Pregnancy - August 8, 2018