THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
What is a capsule wardrobe
The idea of a capsule wardrobe is to minimize your closet to 30-40 items for the season including your shoes and outerwear. However, Pajamas, accessories, fitness apparel and special occasion outfits are not included in the capsule wardrobe.
Benefits of having a capsule wardrobe:
- More room in your closet
- Love everything in your closet
- Easy dress up in the morning
- Love how you’re dressed
- Become more confident
- Spend less, you shop only once a season with a specific budget in mind
How to Create your own
- Take everything out of your closet
- Only put back things that you absolutely love and know you will wear this season
- Put the clothes you love and will wear another season in a box
- Bring everything you will not wear to a consignment store and get some cash!
- Create a Pinterest board for inspiration (PS: you can follow me on Pinterest here)
- Create a list of 30-40 items you already have and want for the season:
- Make a shopping budget
- Shop online for better deals and get cash back with Ebates
Why I decided to do a Capsule Wardrobe for this summer
This year I am finally going back to France to visit my friends and family. I’ll be there for almost 3 weeks. So I thought that creating a capsule wardrobe will make it easier to pack for the holidays.
Also, in the morning I am always running late because I love working on Hello Peaceful Mind so much that it's hard to stop and get ready to go to work. So I usually grab random clothes and hate the way I am dressed.
Doing a capsule wardrobe helped me to get ready fast in the morning and feel good during the day. I am more confident, and happier!
What is included in my Summer 2017 Capsule Wardrobe
Working with a personal stylist
Do you need help finding really cool and unique pieces for your capsule wardrobe? I highly recommend you to try out Stich Fix.
You will receive personal recommendations for our very own style.
You can learn more about it in the interview with my friend Donna. Working with a personal stylist helped her feel more confident!
Over To You
Latest posts by Julie (see all)
- 11 Amazing Tools That Will Make You More Productive - August 9, 2017
- 9 Magazines That Will Teach You How To Live A Happy Life - August 2, 2017
- 11 Meditation Tips You Need To Know When You Start - July 27, 2017