THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
What is a capsule wardrobe
The idea of a capsule wardrobe is to minimize your closet to 30-40 items for the season including your shoes and outerwear. However, Pajamas, accessories, fitness apparel and special occasion outfits are not included in the capsule wardrobe.
Benefits of having a capsule wardrobe:
- More room in your closet
- Love everything in your closet
- Easy dress up in the morning
- Love how you’re dressed
- Become more confident
- Spend less, you shop only once a season with a specific budget in mind
How to Create your own
- Take everything out of your closet
- Only put back things that you absolutely love and know you will wear this season
- Put the clothes you love and will wear another season in a box
- Bring everything you will not wear to a consignment store and get some cash!
- Create a Pinterest board for inspiration (PS: you can follow me on Pinterest here)
- Create a list of 30-40 items you already have and want for the season:
- Make a shopping budget
- Shop online for better deals and get cash back with Ebates
Why I decided to do a Capsule Wardrobe for this summer
This year I am finally going back to France to visit my friends and family. I’ll be there for almost 3 weeks. So I thought that creating a capsule wardrobe will make it easier to pack for the holidays.
Also, in the morning I am always running late because I love working on Hello Peaceful Mind so much that it’s hard to stop and get ready to go to work. So I usually grab random clothes and hate the way I am dressed.
Doing a capsule wardrobe helped me to get ready fast in the morning and feel good during the day. I am more confident and happier!
What you need to create your capsule wardrobe
- An account on Polyvore to help you visualize what you have and what to keep
- A Pinterest board to be inspired
- Storage for your winter clothes
- Your style!
What is included in my Summer 2017 Capsule Wardrobe
Here are a few of my favorite items:
- Floral Maxi Dress
- Zara dress
- Light blue jeans
- White jeans
- Washed black jeans
- Brown sandal
- Striped Shorts
- Blue jeans shorts
- White shorts
- Black v-neck tee
- Grey v-neck tee
- Striped shirt
- Blue blouse
- Green Blouse
- Striped button shirt
- Black cardigan
- Floral blazer
Working with a personal stylist
Do you need help finding really cool and unique pieces for your capsule wardrobe? I highly recommend you to try Stich Fix.
You will receive personal recommendations for our very own style.
You can learn more about it in the interview with my friend Donna. Working with a personal stylist helped her feel more confident!
- How to Build Confidence With A New Look
- Learn How to Live a Healthy Life and Love Your Body
- 5 Powerful Summer Reading Books To Make You Happier
- The Best Audiobooks That Will Change Your Life
- 6 Things you Need to be Motivated to Workout
Over To You
Do you have a capsule wardrobe? What is your must have for this summer?
Latest posts by Julie (see all)
- How Dating Will Improve And Save Your Marriage - August 15, 2018
- What You Need To Know About Antidepressants And Pregnancy - August 8, 2018
- How To Set Smart Goals To Change Your Life - August 1, 2018