56 Lists To Make When You Are Feeling Down
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
One of the best ways for me to deal with stress is to write. When I write, I change my line of thoughts. For example, when I write fiction, I imagine new scenarios in my head, whereas when I write in my journal I focus on the positive and go from one memory to another.
Lately, I have also been doing a lot of writing and thinking about myself thanks to the summer activity book: M.O.I, mon cahier d’écriture-thérapie: Ecrire pour soi, écrire sur soi – Cahier de vacances. Sorry, it’s only available in French.
These small writing exercises make me feel good and help me to relax, especially after a stressful day.
It inspired me to create an exercise for you to use when you are feeling down.
In this article, you will find a list of 56 lists to make when you are feeling stressed or depressed. They will help you focus on the positives in your life and dream of a better future!
- Favorite memories
- Your best qualities
- Best days you’ve lived
- Compliments you’ve received
- What you like the most about yourself
- Your most precious possessions
- Bucket list of things to do
- Things that make you happy
- Positive adjectives to describe yourself
- Your values
- Favorite ways to relax
- Fun things to do at home
- People you love
- People loving you
- How you met your favorite people
- People you would like to meet
- What you like to do with your friends
- What you like to do with your family
- People you would like to reconnect with
- Things you would like to do with your friends & family
- People who inspire you
- Every friend you ever made
- People who have positively influenced you
- Gift ideas for your favorite people
- Everything you love about your partner
- People you want to send a thank you note to
- Date night ideas
- Things that you are grateful for
- Things you are proud of
- The scariest things you’ve done
- Dreams that became reality
- Biggest accomplishments
- Ways to celebrate your wins
- All the things you are good at
- Life goals
- Countries you would like to visit
- Things you would like to do
- Stories you would like to write about
- Adventures you would like to live
- Dreams for the future
- Where you would like to live
- What you will be doing in the next few years
- Things you would like to get
- Skills you would like to learn
Your Favorite Things
- Favorite songs
- Funniest jokes
- Favorite movies
- Favorite TV shows
- Favorite books
- Favorite places
- Favorite food
- Favorite restaurants
- Favorite parks in town
- Favorite quotes
- Favorite podcasts
- 5 Powerful Summer Reading Books To Make You Happier
- The Best Audiobooks That Will Change Your Life
- Learn How to Live a Healthy Life and Love Your Body
- The Best Tools To Improve Your Life And Be Happier
- Everything You Need To Know To Stop Stress
Over To You
What do you do when you feel stressed out?
Jocelyne BonneauJuly 22, 2017 at 6:12 am
Love this but can i have this in french please ?
JulieJuly 26, 2017 at 8:20 am
Bonjour Jocelyne, je vais essayer de faire la traduction ce weekend!
ReganJuly 25, 2017 at 3:44 am
I cannot get the link to work for the workbook download… : (
JulieJuly 26, 2017 at 8:22 am
Hi Regan, I just checked and it looks like you have received it yesterday. The email with the link to download the workbook was probably delayed. Let me know if you still have any issues!
And I hope you enjoy the workbook!!
RamaniJuly 26, 2017 at 1:39 am
Interesting and want to try
JulieJuly 26, 2017 at 8:24 am
You should! It especially helps me when I need to unwind before going to sleep. Let me know how it goes for you!
Maria P..G.August 6, 2017 at 3:27 pm
Would love to see this in Spanish & Romanian language
MarcelinaSeptember 21, 2017 at 10:05 am
I didnt recive minne link
LaShaunda WattsSeptember 26, 2017 at 6:34 pm
Why is it asking me to except an add on that will make change to my computer?
AmeenaJoyFebruary 23, 2018 at 8:22 am
I have a Romanian and two Latina “sisters”, with whom I would love to share this book. How do I get both translations?
shiraz nathwaniJune 19, 2018 at 4:17 pm
Patricia Marquis-LarsenAugust 9, 2018 at 10:57 am
I can’t wait to start as I’m a depressed sad lonely. But this will help me.thank you so much PatriciaMarquis
Rhonda mFebruary 18, 2019 at 9:16 am
I did not receive the workbook I put in the wrong email I believe my email is email@example.com
James Voss, MA, LMHCAFebruary 26, 2019 at 11:22 am
Rhonda, try entering your email in the sign-up box in this blog post: https://www.hellopeacefulmind.com/how-to-make-the-best-of-2019-free-workbook/
I hope this helps!
VeronicaAugust 30, 2022 at 2:35 pm
Hi, found you on Pinterest when looking for ways to manage a down-period. I tried to download the workbook without any luck. Maybe I’m a couple of years too late?