THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
A couple of months ago I got the wellness journal by Dailygreatness and I love it!
I looked at Dailygreatness journals for a year before finally taking the leap and ordering my own.
They offer different journals for the different areas of your life:
- Dailygreatness Wellness Journal: A Holistic Guide for Health, Wellness & Vitality
- Dailygreatness Yoga Journal: Your Masterplan for a Beautifully Conscious Life
- Dailygreatness Yoga Journal “Limited Bloom Edition”
- Dailygreatness Training Journal: 12 Weeks to a Rocking Fit Body, Mind & Spirit
- Dailygreatness Journal: A Practical Guide For Consciously Creating Your Days
- Dailygreatness Parents Journal: A Practical Guide for Raising Conscious Kids & Creating a Happy Home
- Dailygreatness Business Planner: An Actionable Plan For Exploding Your Business
The one that really resonated with me was the Dailygreatness Wellness Journal: A Holistic Guide for Health, Wellness & Vitality.
I am working hard on improving my wellbeing and in particular my eating and exercising habits so this journal is perfect!
Now I am going to tell you how I use it to create healthy habits.
1. Define your why and make a plan
The beginning of the journal will help you state why you want to make changes in your life to give you the motivation to work hard on it!
First, you will respond to a few questions to give you clarity on your goals and make you think about how to take action.
Then you will write a why statement to define the reasons behind your goals. For example my why is to be able to hike this summer without knee pain.
Then you will think about areas in your life that you want to improve and write one massive action that you can take to get where you want to be. It has several categories to inspire you:
- Health & Body
- Emotional, Spiritual & Personal Growth
- Intimate Relationship
- Friends & Family
- Social & Fun
- Work & Career
- Money & Finances
- Community & Giving
And finally, you will fill out your goal planner!
Once you fill out these pages, you will have a clear pathway to follow to reach your health and wellness goals.
2. Set quarterly goals
I usually set quarterly goals for work and business but never thought about doing it for my health and wellness goals. I even added specific pages to create a quarterly action plan for your goals in the 2018 Hello Peaceful Mind Planner.
The journal will make you set four 90 day goals, write down an action plan, why you want to achieve these goals and how you will feel about it.
For example, my first quarterly goals and action plans are:
- Wake up at 8 am (done, I am now going to change it to 7:30 am!)
- Go to bed earlier
- Remove the snooze option
- Put my phone on the other side of the bedroom
- Do yoga for 10 minutes in the morning (done)
- Make a list of videos
- Set a time to do it in the morning before starting work
- Lose 10 lbs (in progress)
- Change my eating habits
- Set a new workout routine
- Stop eating sweets (not really in progress)
- Eat fruits when I crave for sweets
- Track my food daily
- Stop buying sweets
3. Plan your week
Every Sunday, I use the weekly planner page of the journal to map out my week.
I fill out the planner in this order:
- Workouts: The classes I will take at the gym
- Walks: if I am going to take a walk during lunchtime or in the evening depending on my workout schedule
- Breakfast: I made a list of healthy yummy breakfasts on Yummly and select one or two each week
- Lunch: I usually select a casserole from my Yummly healthy lunch meal prep list and bake them in 4 or 5 Pyrex 2 cup dishes instead of one big dish.
- Dinner: my husband cooks when he doesn’t work in the evening so I let him chose the meals for when he’s home. Then I either do another casserole or buy organic and gluten-free frozen meals
4. Daily check-in
I start the day by seating down with breakfast and my wellness journal.
First I write the date and my daily why.
Here are a few examples of daily why that I wrote:
- To feel better/good/sexier/proud
- To hike this summer
- Stop being tired all the time
- No more knee/back pain
- Be happy/healthy/more confident
- Walk more
Then I respond to the morning writing prompt (the one on the left). They have a few different ones so it’s changing every day.
Then, I write what I am eating in the breakfast box and “10 min yoga” in the workout box since this is what I am going to do right after breakfast. I also check the stretching box in health habits.
The last thing I do in the morning is filling out the wellness mantra. I use ThinkUp app to get inspiration every day.
I leave the journal on the coffee table so I can easily access it anytime during the day.
During my lunch break, I usually watch an anime on Crunchyroll before going for a walk. During the ads, I write what I’m having for lunch and if I went to the gym.
Same as during lunch, I fill out the journal while watching TV.
After dinner I will:
- Write down what I had for dinner
- Check the health habits that I accomplished during the day
- Respond to the evening prompt to reflect on my day
It’s usually fast and easy but I find that writing my progresses every day helps me be held accountable and stay on top of it!
5. Weekly Check-in
The last page of the week is different, instead of tracking your day’s actions, you will review your progress and think about what you can change to reach your goals.
The truth is that when you are trying to create habits, you will have a lot of trials and error. And it’s okay. Some things are working for others that won’t be working. So just don’t give up, try and learn from it until you find what works for you!
I usually do this page on Sunday at the same time that I plan my week since the pages are next to each other 🙂
Get 5% off the health and wellness journal
Peaceful friends, I am happy to let you know that Dailygreatness is giving 5% off any Dailygreatness journal to the readers of Hello Peaceful Mind!
Save for later
- New Habits That Will Make You Happier
- Start The Day Right With The Best 10 Minute Yoga Videos
- 10 Articles To Read If You Want To Improve Your Life
- The Best FREE Resources to Live a Healthy and Happy Life
- 11 Meditation Tips You Need To Know When You Start
Over to you:
What is your favorite journal? Share how it helps you create a better life in the comments!
Latest posts by Julie (see all)
- 5 Books That Will Make You Find Your Purpose This Summer - May 23, 2018
- How To Read And Listen To Your Favorite Books For Free - May 16, 2018
- How To Change Your Relationship With Alcohol - May 9, 2018