THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
Work can be stressful. You may have toxic coworkers, a lot of projects to work on within a limited time, a stressful manager, hours of commute, or other reasons to be stressed at work.
In the 5 AM myth article, I talked about how I changed my schedule to avoid traffic in the morning and afternoon. Doing this changed my life. I am in such a better mood when I arrive in the office. I feel rested and ready to start the day on a happy note!
Today, I am going to share with you tools to help you relax and unwind during the day. If you spend most of your day behind a computer you will love this article!
Noisli is a really cool extension that will let you listen to sounds helping you to relax and be more productive. What I love is that you can create your own combos or use the preset created by Noisli.
The extension offers a big variety of sounds to create your perfect background noise:
- Water stream
- Summer night
- Coffee shop
- White noise
- Pink noise
- Brown noise
You also have the possibility to select a different volume for each sound. For example, you can drop the volume of the rain and add the coffee shop ambiance to make it feel like you’re inside a coffee on a rainy day!
Noisli offers more cool features:
- Create and save your combos
- Share your combos
- Set a timer
- Distraction-free text editor with possibility to export
RatherNice will bring a smile to your face. I guarantee it 🙂 The extension will tell you very nice and positive things every time you open a new tab page.
- The glass is always half full, never half empty.
- You could never disappoint me or anyone else, ever.
- You’re the closest thing I’ve found to perfect.
- Jokes are funnier when you tell them to me.
- I almost forgot to say – thanks for being you.
- Your friends are really lucky to know you.
- Your hair is incredible today – way to go.
- I bet you have a magnificent singing voice.
On top of being cute and funny, I love the simple design it really helps you to focus on the kind words.
RatherNice is a must have to bring positivity in your workday so go install it over here!
If you are not using Grammarly yet, your life is about to change! At least your emails and anything else you write online.
Did you ever send an email and realized too late that there was a huge typo or grammar mistake?
Well, my friend, this free extension is going to make you stop stressing about hitting the send button.
Grammarly will highlight every spelling and grammar mistake on almost every website, including Facebook and Gmail!
So don’t wait and install Grammarly over here.
4. Break Timer
It’s recommended to take a break every 50 to 90 minutes to be able to stay focused on your work.
I like the extension break timer because you can set any interval you want and it will remind you to take a moment for yourself.
I have mine set for 90 minutes work blocks and 15 min break so I can go for a walk outside 🙂
What to do during your break:
- Get tea
- Go for a short walk
- Go outside and enjoy the feeling of the sun on your skin
- Eat a fruit
- Get a massage on a massage chair and listen to relaxing music
I also have a Fitbit charge 2 reminding me to walk 250 steps every hour.
The combination of both break time and the Fitbit charge 2 helps to make sure I stay active during the day and take the time to unwind.
5. Beautiful Tea Timer
I don’t drink coffee but love tea!
My new favorite is Twinings Pure Chamomile Herbal Tea. Studies have shown that chamomile ease anxiety symptoms.
I also just got a new electric kettle that I absolutely love. You can use it at home or in the office to make it more convenient to drink tea anytime you want!
So why should you install the extension Beautiful Tea Timer? Simply because it will let you know how long to keep your tea bag in your cup. If you are like me you always forget about your tea and then it becomes sour.
Beautiful Tea Timer will remind you to remove your tea bag! So go over here to install the extension
OVER TO YOU
How do you relax during your workday? Share your tips in the comments!
Save for later
- How To Stop Unwanted Emails, Mails, And Phone Calls
- How To Be More Productive In 30 Days
- The Myth of Waking Up Early to be Successful
- 56 Lists To Make When You Are Feeling Down
Latest posts by Julie (see all)
- 7 Self-Care Date Ideas That Will Improve Your Relationship - August 22, 2018
- How Dating Will Improve And Save Your Marriage - August 15, 2018
- What You Need To Know About Antidepressants And Pregnancy - August 8, 2018