THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
We moved into our house two years ago. At the time most of the rooms were empty. We thought it would take forever to fill the house… But guess what? Two years later, and the house is full of random stuff all over the place!
Busy House, Busy Mind
I don’t know if it’s the same for you, but when a room is not organized, I cannot focus on it. When I was in college, I had to clean my studio apartment before being able to concentrate on my homework and study for exams.
Luckily, I don’t have homework anymore but I run a photography business and a blog. Both require time to focus, especially when I am writing. So if the dishes are on the countertop or books are on the coffee table, I can’t work.
So it was time to change things.
The Joy of Less, Book Description
When I first picked up The Joy of Less, I loved the feeling of the soft hardcover with its engraved dandelions.
If you read my last book review about Calm, you know I’m not into non-fiction books so it’s important for me to get a good reading experience or I won’t finish the book.
I love the font they used in the Joy of Less: It’s big and spacious making it easy to read! Also, the yellow touches of the book made it colorful and an enjoyable reading experience, instead of just plain, boring, black and white.
The book is divided into four parts:
- Philosophy: explaining how minimalism can be good for you
- Streamline: explaining how to decide what to keep and what to get rid off
- Room by Room: guiding you through the process of every room in your house
- Lifestyle: sharing your minimalist habits with the family and the world
A guide to declutter your home
I loved reading the Joy of Less. It felt like Francine Jay was talking about me. And it made me realized that I wasn’t the only one hiding the mess from the living room into my bedroom 5 minutes before my friends arrive for dinner. If you do that too, YOU ARE NOT ALONE!
Francine Jay is good at making you realize that you don’t need to keep this and that just in case you will need it in 5 years! If you buy a new tv, don’t keep your old tv in the garage if the new one breaks down or for whatever reason. Just get rid of it!
If you need a step by step guide, or just motivation, or just someone to tell you it’s okay to give your old tv to goodwill to make another family happy, this book is for you!
Order it on Amazon today by clicking here!
Get the Audiobook for FREE!
I’m so excited to let you know that Audible offers 2 FREE audiobooks to the readers of Hello Peaceful Mind.
Here’s how you can get your free copy of The Joy of Less:
- Subscribe to the 30-day Audible free trial by clicking here
- Click here to get the Joy of Less audiobook
- Select Buy with Audible Credit, you should have received 2 credits for subscribing the previous link
- Then you will be able to listen to it online or on your phone!
- The Best Audiobooks That Will Change Your Life
- Minimalism Challenge: How to have Fun Decluttering your Home
- How To Minimize Your Closet and Boost Your Confidence
- 14 Important Life Lessons From The Minimalism Documentary
- miss minimalist
OVER TO YOU!
Do you have any book recommendations? Share it in the comments below.
Latest posts by Julie (see all)
- 12 Hobbies That Will Reduce Your Anxiety And Make You Feel Fulfilled - December 13, 2017
- How To Make The Best Of 2018 - December 6, 2017
- 5 Things To Include In Your Routine When You Work From Home - November 30, 2017